Roasted Salt and Pepper Pork Shoulder
- Pair with Joseph Carr Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot
- Makes 4 Servings
- 3 1/2 lbs Boneless Pork Shoulder, Tied and Sliced into 1.25 Inch Pieces
- 4 tsps Whole Peppercorn Blend, Coarsely Ground
- 1 tbsp Freshly Ground Sea Salt
- 6 ozs Sliced Bacon, Cut into ½ Inch Pieces
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock, Unsalted
- Pomegranate Molasses
Pre-heat the oven to 425°.
Season both sides of the pork shoulder with salt and pepper.
Transfer pork into an 11” x 15” baking dish and sprinkle bacon pieces over the pork.
Place uncovered in pre-heated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and discard any fat that has accumulated at the bottom of the baking dish.
Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
Turn pork over and pour in chicken stock and red wine.
Cover tightly with foil or a lid and bake for an additional 1.5-2 hours until the meat softens.
Remove pork from baking dish and pour any broth that has accumulated at the bottom into a small sauce pan. Discard remaining fat from the top of the broth.
Place sauce pan on medium heat until broth begins to simmer.
Combine broth with an equal amount of pomegranate molasses to create sauce.
Dress Pork Shoulder with sauce just before serving.
Serve and enjoy sharing this dish with your friends and family!