Roasted Leg of Lamb
- Pair with Joseph Carr Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Makes 4 Servings
- 1 Leg of Lamb, Tied (about 5-6 pounds)
- 2 tbsps Butter
- 6 Heads Garlic
- 2 tbsps Red Wine
- Large Bouquets of Parsley, Thyme, and Rosemary
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (enough to cover meat)
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Pepper
Preheat oven to 425°.
Rub leg of lamb with oil, salt, and pepper.
Make some small slits on leg of lamb and insert cloves of garlic (optional).
Rest meat in a large casserole dish and surround with bouquets of parsley, thyme, and rosemary, as well as remaining whole heads of garlic.
Roast for approximately 12 minutes per pound.
Once cooked (about 1 hour), check temperature of the meat to ensure it is cooked to your preference and add more heat if desired.
Remove from heat and allow leg to rest with the exposed bone in the air for 25 minutes.
Strain remaining liquid from casserole dish and discard.
Deglaze with a splash of red wine, reduce, and finish with butter.
Serve and enjoy sharing this dish with your friends and family!